REVISED NEW Z Fold CARD-IN-A-Box with Deb Valder

Hidy Ho Stampers and gooooooooood morning!

Monday Morning 2

ha ha ha…aren't you glad it's Friday!

some days are just slower than other – right?!

it's been a long productive week!

I'm so excited to show you my project for the day.  I've been waiting to show you this until after I taught it at my classes.  I'm sure you've seen one of these Cards-in-the-Box.  I've gotten a lot of inspiration from a lot of very talented stampers out there.  Hopefully this version will help you streamline this project.  So thank you to WHOEVER started this Card-in-a-Box craze it's so much fun – here is Deb Valder's Version!

card-in-a-box-cycle-celebration-birthday-basics-designer-series-paper-small-oval-punch-just-sayin-word-bubbles-framelits 1

card-in-a-box-cycle-celebration-birthday-basics-designer-series-paper-small-oval-punch-just-sayin-word-bubbles-framelits-2

yep those are real dollars!

we are going to get right into it. Click here if you are viewing this from your email.

So what did you think?

Here are a few more samples.

card-in-a-box-cycle-celebration-birthday-basics-designer-series-paper-small-oval-punch 1 card-in-a-box-cycle-celebration-birthday-basics-designer-series-paper-small-oval-punch-2

Used Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper

and the Cycle Celebration Stamp Set

Smal Oval Punch and Owl Buidler Punch for Balloons

too stinken cute!

card-in-a-box-wetlads-birthdaycard-in-a-box-Zoo-babies-gorgeous-grunge

Used Wetlands Stamp Set and

Zoo Babies with Gorgeous Grunge

card-in-a-box-flower-shop-pansy-punch-sale-a-bration-sweet-sorbet Card-in-a-box-petite-petals-punch-sale-a-bration-sweet-sorbet

and here I've used the bundles and the FREE Sale-a-Bration Paper

Flower Shop Bundle and Petitie Petals Bundle

card-in-a-box-cycle-celebration-birthday-basics-designer-series-paper-small-oval-punch-just-sayin-word-bubbles-framelits-3Card-in-a-box-deb-valder-z-fold-insert

Here is the Z fold to streamline your work!

These cards are so much fun and so addicting.  You can fill them with anything!!!  I've done one for a wedding, I've done one with a bouquet of GIFT CARDs for a bridal shower. The possibilities are ENDLESS!

As promised on my video, here are the measurements!  the 2-4-6-8 box has been around since the Caveman days, it's so easy and it's one of the first things I ever did 15 years ago (we just had a bottom to it which meant there was one more score line).  It lent itself to this project!

MEASUREMENTS:

Box:

Cut piece of cardstock at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" (it's a half sheet of cardstock)

Score this piece with the 5 1/2" side on top at 2 3/4"

Turn and with the 8 1/2" piece on top you are going to score to the MIDDLE LINE (at the 2 3/4" mark) and cut the rest of the way down

Score at 2" then Cut

Score at 4" then Cut

Score at 6" then Cut

Score at 8" then Cut

That's IT!!!  then put it together.

Insert:

Cut a piece at 2 3/4" x 8"

Score at 1/2",   2 1/2",   3",   5"   5 1/2"   7 1/2"

Fold into a Z with a flare (the ends of the Z are going to be going the opposite way) and POP it into your box.

Layered Pieces:

Back pieces – Cardstock 1 7/8" x 5 3/8"  and the DSP is 1 3/4" x 5 1/4"

Small Panels – Cardstock 1 7/8" x 2 5/8"  and the DSP is 1 3/4" x 2 1/2"

Please subscribe to me so you don't miss a thing…I'm on the following:
Follow Me on Facebook Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Linkedin Follow Me on Twitter Follow Me on YouTube Follow My Blog Via RSS

About Deb

83 Responses to “REVISED NEW Z Fold CARD-IN-A-Box with Deb Valder”

Read below or add a comment...

1. Yvette Prosser says:

You are a genius! Just getting ready to show this to my campers and you have simplified the inside. I also like using 1/2 sheet. I was intimidated with this design when it first came out. Glad I waited to show it till now! Thanks for all your wonderful videos! You are great!

2. Connie Kicklighter says:

I must of missed it but what are the measurements for your layers for the box card?
    connie

3. Marion Dornan says:

Deb you are a genius! Procrastination paid off, I’ve been dragging my feet to prep for my class and after seeing your Z-Fold insert, and your circle “streamers” I’m ready to prep. Thank you so much for sharing! You. Are. Awesome!

4. kraftychic says:

Deb, You might want to fix this: Turn and with the 8 1/2″ piece on top you are going to score to the MIDDLE LINE (at the 2 2/34″ mark) and cut the rest of the way down. I’m thinking you meant 2 3/4! 🙂

5. Rita Y says:

Deb, this is the most adorable card I have seen. I can not wait till I have time to make one or two or many more. Thank you so much for doing this video.

6. Bonnie C says:

Deb, What a great and easy and understandable way to make these boxes. Fabulous! The inside you have made so easy. Thanks so much, these will be fun to make.

7. Debra Anderson says:

Awesome version of the box card! I don’t like just putting money in cards but this is a fun way of presenting it. My only issue is, I got motion sickness watching the video. I am very sensitive to motion so the jumpiness made me have to listen and not watch. Just thought I’d mention it for future videos. Great card, Deb!!!

8. Dahlene says:

Thank you for your wonderful tutorials!

9. Deb says:

Thank you so my Yvette.  I’m so glad it was helpful.  If you have any questions, let me know.  Please stop by often.  http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

10. Deb says:

Hi Connie, I accidently hit publish before I was done.  They are up there now.  Thank you for stopping by.  If you have any questions, let me know.  http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

11. Deb says:

Oh Marion, thank you so much.  I’m glad you liked it and can use it.  If you have any questions, let me know.  http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

12. Deb says:

Oh kraftychic you are a sweetheart…I just changed it.  Thank you!  deb

13. Deb says:

Thank you so much Rita!  I so appreciate your lovely comment!  If I can ever be of help or if you have any questions, please let me know!  http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

14. Deb says:

Thank you Bonnie.  I wish we could see you at one of our monthly get togethers.  Thank you for stopping by and let me know if you have any questions.

15. Deb says:

Hi Deb, thank you so much for your lovely comments and thank you for the motion talk.  I knew there was a problem with the video (it was not like that when I made it but it did it when I uploaded it to youtube).  I think I found a fix and I’ve reloaded it.  SOOOOOO if you can do me a favor and watch it and let me know if it is okay on your end?  I would so appreciate that.  Thank you again for your kind words.  http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

16. Deb says:

Oh Dahlene, thank you so much for your kind words!!!  I’m glad you liked it.  Please stop by often.  http://www.stamplade.stampinup.net

17. Deb Mueller says:

Deb, Thank you so much for sharing, the boxes are beautiful and now I know how to gift some awesome cards!!!!!! You are so very talented and a lovely woman!

18. Lisa V says:

You rocked it again, Deb! Thank you 🙂

19. Fabulous box, Deb! I’ve struggle with the thin cross strips inside the box, but your Z-fold is genius! It makes it so much easier to assemble! Thank you so much!

20. Grace Browning says:

You are an excellent instructor! Many thanks for your tutorial!

21. Deb says:

Oh Deb, thank you so much!!!  I appreciate you taking your time to email me your thoughts about my cards.  Please stop by often and let me know if you have any questions.  http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

22. Deb says:

Thank you thank you thank you Lisa!  Thank you for taking time to let me know what you think.  I so appreciate it!  let me know if you have any questions. http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

23. Deb says:

Thank you so much Mary for your lovely comments.  I’m glad it helped.  I’m such a simple person and love simple things.   Let me know if you have any questions. http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

24. Deb says:

Oh Grace you are so sweet.  Thank you.  I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to let me know what your thoughts were.  If I can ever be of help, please let me know.  http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

25. Narelle says:

Love this adaptation of the box card! I’ve sent you an email. 🙂

26. Susan Creech says:

Thanks a million for this great video and super duper instructions on the new and improved insert to the box! Awesome! I found you from Narelle Darley, the Non-Crafty Crafter!

27. Bea says:

Thank you so much I used to struggle with the inner part ,your technique is perfect. Bea

28. Deb says:

Thank you so much Susan.  If you ever have any questions or need help, let me know.  Thank you again for your lovely comment.  http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

29. Deb says:

Thank you so much Bea for your lovely comment. I’m so glad it worked for you.  If you ever have any questions, just let me know.  Thank you again.  http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

30. Geneva BecK says:

Hi Deb.
    I so enjoyed watching your video on the card in a box. You did such a nice job explaining what to do. Now to go and make my very first one. Thank you so much.

31. Elly Mayo says:

I enjoyed your videos, very informative and easy!!???? Just learning all these techniques, I am a beginner, so your videos are very helpful. I just happened to find you from Narelle ( non crafty crafter) . You both are Awesome ladies!!

32. Marty says:

Deb…I just love your post. You are one crafty lady and I thank you for all your talent and for sharing it with us.

33. Deb says:

Hi Geneva, how did you make out with the Card In a Box with the Z fold.  Thank you for your lovely comment.  I so appreciate it.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  deb http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

34. Deb says:

Oh Elly, thank you so much for your lovely comment.  I so appreciate your feedback.  Please stop by often and let me know how you are doing.  THANK YOU!!!!!  Let me know if you have any questions.  deb http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

35. Deb says:

You are so sweet Marty.  Please keep stopping by.  I love to hear from all of you!  If you have any questions, please let me know.  deb   http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

36. Connie Johnston says:

This is absolutely adorable and I can’t wait to try it!

37. Deb says:

Thank you so much Connie!  You will have so much FUN when you make these.  After you are done you will sit back and just stare at it.  They are so stinken cute.  If you have any questions, let me know.  Deb  http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

38. Sylvia says:

Just stopped by via Pinterest. Your video is terrific! Thank you for sharing

39. Geneva BecK says:

Hi Deb, I am so grateful for your revised Z fold. It works like a charm. I love love love it. I made my first card in a box ever using it and my granddaughter loved it. I think it turned out really cute. I posted it to my blog so everyone can see just how great the Z fold works. Thanks again for sharing it.
    Geneva

40. Deb says:

Thank you so much Sylvia for your love comment.  If you have ANY questions,let me know.  I just love to stamp!!!  Deb  http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

41. Debbie Kaste says:

Hi Deb! Loved watching your video. You are incredibly talented and very resourceful. I’ve started making these ‘cards in a box’ and can’t stop. Thank you sooooooo much for your ‘z’ fold technique. It will make my cards so much better and soooooo much easier to complete. Thank you so much for your inspiration.

42. Raewyn Duffy says:

How about translating inches into metric for those of us with metric score pads lol

43. Deb says:

Yikes, Raewyn I wish I could but I just can’t.  I’m so sorry.  If I can help in any other way, please let me know.  Deb  http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

44. Deb says:

Oh Debbie, thank you so much for your lovely comment.  I’m so glad it helped and I’m glad you are in the card-in-a-box mode!  Keep them coming!  If you have any questions, please let me know.  deb  http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net

45. Laurel Johnson says:

Hi Deb! You are really good at making tutorials, and I enjoyed watching this. You inspired me to try making this cute little box! I wonder where to find the tutorial on making the mailing box that goes with it. I can’t seen to locate it. I’m off to explore your other tutorials!

46. Ann Reid says:

I just love your insert !i have struggled so much with little bits, and I really want to have three rows.thank you for a great tutorial too and the beautiful end result!!

47. Deb says:

Oh Ann thank you so much for letting me know that.   If you have any questions, let me know.   deb   http://www.stampladee.stampinup.net for all your shopping needs.

48. Barb says:

Thank you for the tip on the insert! And I totally agree with Ann, three rows are better. And yep, I’m a layers kinda gal too so appreciate those measurements as well. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing ALL of your great ideas and tutorials….You’re the best!!!!!

49. Deb says:

Oh Barb, you are so sweet!  Thank you for your lovely comment.  I love sharing with everyone. If you have any questions, let me know.   deb   stampladee.stampinup.net for all your shopping needs!

50. Glenda J says:

Thank you so much for this fantastic video. Your samples are wonderful and so creative. Thanks for all you share. Also, just wondering about creating the box to hold the card with the money as candles. Do you have instructions for that? Thanks