Posts Tagged ‘class’
Hidy Ho Stampes,
More sneak peaks from Continuing Education classes coming up this week.
Thank you for taking time out of your day to stop by my blog, hope to see you in Class!
Hidy Ho stampers,
So have you seen the new Occasions Mini Catalog? I just love the Mini Catalog program. I was so ready to be over the Holidays and all the trimmings and now I'm onto beautiful cards and snowmen! :0) I love my snowmen.
So here is another tip I have for you…it has to do with the new Edgelits Adorning Accents Dies. These very thin and very fragile metal dies are the exact same width as our Standard Cutting Pads which makes it a little tricky when running them through the Big Shot. BUT NOT TO WORRY…I have the solution for you.
Here is what the die looks like – the very thin silver piece. The die is #125595 and can be found on page 7 of the Occasions Mini Catalog.
If you lay these on your cutting pads, they are very likely to move so I'm going to suggest this tip. Purchase two extra sets of the Standard Cutting Pads #113475 that will be dedicated to ONLY these two dies. It is going to save you LOTS of time and and you won't get frustrated with them but even more important, you won't end up BENDING them.
1. Take one of the dies and put a row of sticky strip on the "flat" side of the die. Line it up and stick it to the bottom of one of the new cutting pads. It is now permanently adhered to this pad. The side with the "edge" or cutter is now sticking up. That one is done.
2. Do the same thing to this one. Now you've used two of your cutting pads. These are permanently adhered to these two pads.
3. This is pad # 3. What you are going to do with this one is add a piece of our grid paper to the back. I cut a piece of grid paper the size of the clear pad (make sure you have it EVEN on both sides – meaning the lines are the same on one side as the other). This is going to be used as a guide for your cardstock. THEN, what I did so the paper didn't get worn, I cut a piece of our Window Sheets (these can be found on page 216 of the big catalog) I cut these the same size as the clear pad also and put that over the grid paper to preserve it. Both of these were put on the back of the pad with Sticky Strip. Now you have three pads that are dedicated to these dies. Read on to learn how to use them…
4. In this picture, I'm placing the card on the "grid pad" with the grid on the bottom of the pad and the clear plastic on the top. Do you see that the card is even on both sides. That is very important. If you don't make it even on both sides, the curves on the left will not match the curves on the right. I did put a little dotto on the back of the card to hold it in place while I cut. Then I used my Adhesive Remover to get that little bit of sticky off the card when I was done. Okay, we've got our dies all glued on, we got our grid pad all set and our paper is glued to the top of the grid pad. Now what?
5. For your layers, you are going to put your Multi Purpose Platform down (close the whole thing so that tab 2 is on top), then your pad that has the grid sheet (with the plastic side up and the grid on the bottom), then you line up your cardstock (here I used Blushing Bride), then you put your cutting pad on where you want it. That's one of the beauties for this set up, you can place that cutting edge anywhere on the paper. I've placed it pretty far up on this one but it can be right along the bottom edge – it's totally up to you. It's that easy. Run it through the Big Shot.
6. Now to store the pads and dies. This is another amazing feature. Put the two pads with the dies on them together so that the dies are on opposite ends. Then put the grid pad on the bottom. Take two rubber bands and put one on the top and one on the bottom and store with your other dies. AND, you now have the empty plastic envelope that the dies came in so you can store the three coordinating Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders in. I love it when things work out!
Isn't this card just beautiful? Do you see the scallop on the bottom? That is one of two dies you get when you purchase this amazing new die for the Big Shot and it was so easy with the "permanent mounted dies". If you have ANY questions, just post to my blog. I'd love to have you leave me a comment and get a discussion going on these amazing new products.
Now for my Special. If you place a $75 on-line order from my website during the month of January, I will give you this online class free. Remember if you wait until January 24th, you will also get to pick a free Sale-a-Bration set free. It will have all the directions and measurements for five of these cards (and if you think these two are pretty, wait until you see the other three). These are only two of the cards included in this very elegant class. If you would rather I put the order in, just email me and I will put it in for you.
Thank you for stopping by.
Hidy Ho Stampers,
Just a note to let you know that I'm ready for my annual 2012 Calendar Class on Saturday. I just love the way it came out.
This adorable Designer Series Paper helped to finish it off. I had my monthly Stamp-a-stack today and made this matching card.
Stamp Set: You Are Loved (Holiday Mini – hurry, it's only around until January 3rd) #123777 (wood mount) or #123779 (clear mount); Thank You Kindly #111700
Cardstock: #122355 Domestic Goddess Designer Series Paper (page 224), Calypso Coral, Pool Party
Ink: Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Early Espresso
Accessories: #122975 Pool Party 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon; #122331 Pool Party Seam Binding; #115951 Timeless Type Junior Alphabet
I'm so ready for spring!!! And this just helps me get there :0) Hope you enjoyed the post.
Hidy Ho stampers,
Today was filled with all kinds of awesome news on the Stampin' Up! wbsite. One of the new things of course is our highly anticipated Idea Book and Catalog. If you haven't received your copy yet, click the catalog to view online!
If you still need your own copy, let me know and I can get it to you. So grab your coffee, sit on your favorite beach chair and just drift through the catalog. It's GORGEOUS!!! We have a NEW hostess plan, you get even MORE free stuff, so make sure you check that out also. WOO HOOO!
This month we have a demonstrator special. That's right….for only $99 you get this amazing stamping kit. I'd like to welcome aboard Denise Davine, she came over this afternoon and signed up (I think she was Stampin' Up's very first recruit for the new stamping year)! YEAH Denise, she is so excited.
If you are viewing this blog post from your email, you may need to go to my blog to see all the pictures and perks!
And now for my 40 card class. We had a BLAST! The gals did 40 cards with envelopes in less than 2 hours, you heard me, it took them less than TWO hours. Here's a sampling of just how cute the cards were…
Aren't they so stinken cute. We used the Simply Scrappin Kit from the Summer Mini #122346 Playful Polka Dots and the Fabulous Florets stamp set #123025 (wood mount) or #123027 (clear mount). They did the 40 cards with envelopes and went home with more of the kit so they can continue to make cards from this same kit. All the gals that attended this class received Sizzling Summer VIP status.
Okay, it's been a long day…thank you for stopping by.
We had such a good time today. It started out with my Halloween Class.
I'm sure you've heard of "the black sheep of the family"?…
but did you ever hear of the "black house of the neighborhood"? Here are the houses after I put them together and before they were spray painted by Kevin, ready for the class on Saturday.
All set up for the gals to come.
Each gal made a haunted house, a milk carton haunted house and three cards.
I made each one of them a treat.
I'm all dressed up (do you like the hat) explaining the Spooky Bingo game that comes in the Halloween paper in our Holiday Mini Catalog. I was playing Halloween Music, my favorite was "The Monster Mash"!
Here is Tracy and Veronica working hard.
and here is the Haunted Neighborhood….the mansion and the guest house. What a great class this was. Everyone enjoyed it and man did we laugh!
here's a closeup of our finished houses.
After the class, we went to a fundraiser for our local Celiac Support Group. It was held at the Outback Steakhouse in Colonie.
Here we are with our friends.
Katie and Kevin won FOUR door prizes!
We had sooooooo much fun at today's 10/10/10. Like I said yesterday, it was a 10/10/10 class held on 10/10/10 at 10:10 a.m. We started right on time! Each lady had a basket in front of her and she had 10 minutes to finish the card that was inside. When the buzzer went off, I had them pass the basket to the right and we continued until all the baskets were completed by each participant. They just love these classes. How could I NOT do it on 10/10/10. Here are a few pictures.
I had each one of them hold up their favorite card.
What is always so interesting to me, is that everyone likes different cards. One of their favorite cards was done with a set called Day of Gratitude from the Holiday Mini catalog found on page 7 (#120835 wood mount or #121148 clear mount).
This was not the card we did but it is another card done with that same set. It's just a gorgeous stamp set. Look at the detail on this card.
If you have any questions or need any supplies for your holiday prep, let me know.
REMEMBER TO REGISTER FOR OUR HOLIDAY STAMP CAMP.
Oh my goodness, I crack myself up sometimes :0). I just can't wait until tomorrow, it is 10/10/10 and guess what I'm doing? Ten years ago I started my classes called 10/10/10's. My stamping friends would come over and stamp TEN cards, each would only take TEN minutes a piece and they would pay me TEN dollars. Well TEN years later, I'm still doing them and everyone has a blast. I SET THE TIMER for ten minutes and they HAVE to finish their basket in that ten minutes. WELLLLLLL….tomorrow is 10/10/10 so what is more fitting than holding a 10/10/10 on 10/10/10 and guess what? It's going to start at 10:10 a.m. So I will hurry home from church and we will stamp and laugh about it! This is what it looks like all set up.
All set up and ready to go…
Including the timer set at 10 minutes!
I hope you enjoy your day (10/10/10)! We are going to!
And don't forget to send in your STAMP CAMP REGISTRATIONS, we are limiting the number of guests this time. So hurry, don't be the last one to get yours in. FUN FUN FUN!!!!