Hidy Ho Stampers and how are you today!?!
I am so excited to show you this project that I'm doing but I had to wait until after I did it in my classes. I love love love this thing that I made but before I finally show you, I wanted to share a project that my dear friend Lauren Duffy did with her class. Lauren is such a dedicated teacher. She is so kind and compassionate with all her students and always goes above and beyond to help them learn. She incorporates Stampin' Up! supplies into her work and the kids make all sorts of things. This is what she did with them yesterday.
They are doing a unit on growing seeds. Isn't that the cutest thing. Those are Big Shot flowers. They had a great time using the Big Shot and while they were having fun making their seeds grow, they were learning in the process. She is an amazing teacher and friend! Lauren you are the best!
Okay for today's project….are you ready? I hope you are as excited as I was when I figured it all out! They are so stinken cute!
Do you recognize it? It's a Thirty One Bag!
Well when my consultant dropped the bag off, it was sitting on my stamp table. I sat down for a moment and was staring at it. I looked at it and I got a great idea in my little head!!!! I told myself I could make that….and I did (at least my version of it)!
what do you think? Don't they look alike?
Here is my "Kaleidoscope Designer Bag"
See how I designed the side panel to match the Thirty One bag?
the flower was made with the Spiral Flower Die
and the handles were made with the Basic Black Chevron Ribbon
You don't have to do them with Designer Series Paper,
this one was done with Crumb Cake Card Stock
This one I've named the "The Newsie"
It's made with Modern Medly Designer Series Paper,
7/8" Cotton Ribbon for the handles annnnnnd
I used FELT for the flower,
yes you can use felt in with the Spiral Flower Die! ohhhhhhhhh so soft!
And here is the "New Yorker" bag
made with Soho Subway Designer Series Paper
with a Crisp Cantaloupe Flower
What can you use them for?…
1. Put tissue in it and you can put a gift in it.
2. You can put cards and envelopes for a great gift
3. What about using it for a WEDDING! You know those bags you put in hotel rooms for your out of town guests? Why not put the items in these bags!! How stinken cute would that be!!!
4. What about making them for a Shower (baby or bridal) showers! These could be their "swag" bags to take home!
5. etc etc etc…what can YOU come up with? What would you use them for?
So let's get down to "just how did she make this"!? Click here if you are viewing this in your email.
If you would like to purchase any of these supplies from my online store, click here to begin your shopping.
SUPPLIES (I will list the supplies for all the bags):
Card Stock: #130140 Soho Subway, 126926 Modern Medley, #132995 Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Island Indigo, Crisp Cantaloupe, Basic Black
Accessories: #129379 Spiral Flower Die, #117191 Bird Builder Punch (for leaves), #132140 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon, #127844 7/8"Cotton Ribbon (for Newsie handles), FELT for flower, #130010 Basic Black Chevron Ribbon
1. Cut 2 pieces of card stock at 7" wide x 7 1/2" tall
2. Cut 2 pieces of card stock at 3 1/2" wide x 6" tall
3. with the 7 1/2" side on top, score at 5" on both pieces of 7" x 7 1/2"
turn and score 1/2" on both sides ONLY at the bottom (on the 2 1/2" section).
4. with the 6" side on top, score at 5" on both pieces of 3 1/2" x 6"
turn and score 1/2" on both sides ONLY at the bottom (on the 1" section)
5. trim off the small corners on all four pieces
6. Put your adhesives on one of the 2 1/2" pieces on the right side (not the wrong side) and adhere these to pieces together.
7. Put your adhesive on the wrong side of your 3 1/2" piece at the bottom, turn it over and put a strip on each side of the long side.
8. Attach these two pieces to the larger pieces.
9. Cut four pieces of 1/2" x 5" pieces of coordinating card stock. Fold these in half, add sticky strip to them and adhere them to the sides of the bag.
10. Cut a piece of 36" Ribbon/Burlap and attach to the bag
11. If you'd like to put a piece of cardstock in the bottom, this piece is 2 1/2" x 6"
Make sure you watch the video so you can follow along with these directions. Let me know if you have any questions.
I hope you enjoyed my post today. I was tickled pink with the outcome! I can't stop making them but now I have lots of them for gifts (I'm ahead of the game!)
Please subscribe to me so you don't miss a thing…I'm on the following: